Management Information System, or MIS, is a computer-based system that provides the right information to the right person in the right format at the right time. Information is collected within the organization on an ongoing basis and MIS processes this information, so programme managers get the summarized reports. The emphasis is on making routine decisions. MIS relies mostly on internal sources of information.
MIS reports can be in the form of tables with numerical values or other key indicators. Reports can be in paper format, electronic format or both. More sophisticated systems use electronic reports that can be updated on demand in close to real-time. This gives managers an updated snapshot of the current state of operations. For example, MIS could provide a programme manager with real-time information on project records.
Following Management Information Systems are used in the programmes of Kudumbashree.
The Management Information System of Kudumbashree Mission which was launched in 2011 and is now being used by Community Development Societies, District Missions and State Mission for monitoring and planning of various programs associated. The data uploaded onto the online MIS includes personal details of 40 lakh women members of Kudumbashree NHGs, monthly thrift and credit behavior of 2.58 lakh NHGs, loan particulars of all live loans in all branches of all banks where there are Kudumbashree accounts, details of all farming groups, micro enterprises, Balasabhas as well as particulars of Ashraya families and the benefits accruing to them. In a sense it would provide a record of actual benefits accruing to the poor through Kudumbashree. This data is regularly updated – in the case of thrift and credit, on a monthly basis. Reports generated from the database enable monitoring and evaluation of Kudumbashree activities up to the ward level.
Each CDS accountants are given training and were provided with computer and internet connection (BSNL). All the 1072 CDS has login and are being used ever since. Data is being entered monthly using three logins - CDS, District Mission and State Mission. The components of MIS include:
CBO Information – CDS, ADS, NHG and NHG member details
Micro Finance-Thrift and Internal Loan, Grading, Linkage loan, Matching Grant, Loan Repayment.
Micro Enterprise- ME unit, unit members, loan, subsidy, grants etc
Collective farming- JLG unit, unit members, loan, subsidy, grants, Area under Cultivation, Crops cultivated etc
Social Empowerment Schemes – Ashraya and Balasabha activities
URL: Kudumbashree MIS
URL for getting MIS report at website: MIS
This is a centrally sponsored MIS. It has two portals to manage the MIS activities
1. NRLM MIS:
(URL :NRLM MIS)
This is a general MIS to manage all activities of rural NHGs. Following activities are doing this portal
NHG profile creation:
As per the directives from NRLM MoRD, Kudumbashree implementing “Rural NHG profile creation process” on FY 2017-18; it includes data collection of rural NHGs & members, and uploading into NRLM MIS web portal. For this process, NHGs’ name, formation date, bank account details, NHG leadership status; and members’ aadhaar details, bank account details, social category details are collecting from field level. Approximately 85% of this process is completed. Remaining is progressing. Newly created NHG details, and updates from existing NHGs will be uploaded regularly into same web portal.
Fund disbursement module
Started the data entry of nrlm funds disbursement such as CIF,RF&VRF through this module. Various reports will be generated based on this data.
Monthly Progress Reports(MPR)
MPR of each month is uploading regularly on or before the 10th of next month. It has the block wise progress details of newly created NHGs, members, savings etc
Community cadre profile creation
Profiles of 861 community cadres (Resource Persons) are uploaded into portal.
ADS, CDS profile creation
ADS & CDS profile creation is started at portal. It includes the details such as federation name, formation date, bank details, no.of NHGs mapped into ADS, no. of ADS mapped into CDS etc.
2. NRLM CBOTRANS MIS:
(URL: CBOTRANS MIS)
This is for implementing Transaction based SHG Digital Accounting System (TBSDAS) in allrural NHGs. Transaction based details of all rural NHGs &members are uploading into CBOTRANS web portal as per the directives of NRLM MoRD. This is implementing through Kudumbashree. Both NHG profile data and transaction details are available through this portal. The data contains thrift, loan details, loan repayment details, grant from state & central government, nhg meeting details, payment &receipt details. Grading of NHGs will be available using this data. While data uploading, data is added as one time from formation date. Later, monthly data is added as per progress. This data uploading process is started at all rural CDSs as CDS is the data entry point. This will be continued in further years. As per the rollout of this process, one laptop and dongle for internet purpose are purchased in each rural CDS.
DDU-GKY e-Kaushal System-MPR
MoRD has envisaged comprehensive ERP based IT system named eKaushal System for capture data and documents related to program implementation and operation, support evidence based decision and policy making. It’s a purely role based system and used for DDUGKY project internal purpose.
DDU-GKY SOP based system-ERP
Kudumbashree has developed a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) based system. It includes all DDU-GKY activities like Due Diligence, Inspection, Capture all data from Training centers including daily failure items details, Students tracking details etc.
Temporary URL: DDU-GKY SOP based system-ERP
Geo spatial Information system for Training center
Kudumbashree has developed a Geo spatial Information system for DDU-GKY training centers includes all Training center details with photo and includes different search options,reports.
Temporary URL : Geo spatial Information system for Training center
Kaushal Panjee- Skill Register
Kaushal Panjee- Skill Register aims to be the first step for any rural youth looking for getting skilled or starting a business. It’s a onetime registration process for rural youths. The Registered candidates details used for selection process.
NULM MIS can be accessed by typing the URL http://nulm.gov.in. NULM MIS is being used since May 2015 when the implementation of the scheme commenced in the state.
State prepares the Annual Action Plan (AAP) of each ULB after analysing its scope and potential. The state level targets for each of the components of NULM are approved and set in the MIS by the National Mission Management Unit. The targets for ULBs are entered by the State Mission Management Unit.
There are five types user credentials in the NULM MIS :
- National Mission Management Unit (NMMU)
- State Mission Management Unit (SMMU)
- Urban Local Body (ULB)
- Training Agency
- Training Centre
The data captured under the various components of NULM in the MIS portal is as detailed below.
The Employment through Skill Training & Placement(EST&P):
This program will provide for skill training of the urban poor to enable them setting up self-employment ventures and for salaried jobs in the private sector. The EST&P Program intends to fill the gap between the demand and availability of local skills by providing skill training programs as required by the market.
- Skill Training Providers (STP) who are capable of imparting skill training are empanelled by SMMU and their basic details entered in the MIS
- These agencies are attached to the courses for which they have been empanelled
- The login credentials are given to these STPs with which they have to create logins for each of their training centres
- The training centres will do the registration of applications and forward them to the Urban Local bodies who will in turn approve these candidates and forward them to the training centre.
- The training centre will create a batch and attach each of the approved candidates to the batch thereby generating the beneficiary ID.
- Attendance is marked twice a day.
- After the training is completed, the training centre will close the training, attach the batch to a certifying agency (CA) and forward the candidates to CA for assessment.
- The assessment details are entered.
- For the certified candidates the certificates are uploaded and after placement the placement details and salary slips are uploaded.
- Self Employment Programme: SEP-I stands for Self Employment Programme for Individual and SEP-G stands for Self Employment Programme for Group.
- Application entry is done at the ULB level.
- Applications are screened by the ULB and then forwarded to the task force who approves/rejects the applications.
- The approved applications are forwarded to the bank for approval.
- The bank sanctions and disburses loan.
- The entrepreneurs are supported with Interest subsidy of over and above 7% of the rate of interest.
SHG Bank Linkage:
The same process adopted for SEP-I & G is followed here except that task force approval is not required.
Social Mobilisation & Institution Development Programme (SM&ID) component focuses on:
- Profiles of NHGs, ADSs and CDSs are created
- NHG member details are entered by the Community Development Societies which are designated as Resource Organizations.
- Details of trainings conducted for NHGs and ADSs are captured.
- Revolving fund disbursed to NHGs and ADSs are recorded.
- Details of sanctioning City livelihood centres and amount disbursed is also captured.
- Capacity Building & Training component captures:
- Details of all staff positioned uner NULM in the state are entered.
- Details of trainings imparted to the staff are also updated.
Shelter for Urban Homeless:
- Details of Shelter Construction/Refurbishment and those with O&M support are entered along with the amount released for the purpose
- Photographs of shelter projects under progress are updated
Support to Urban Street Vendors:
- Proposal details for the sub components listed below are entered
- Street Vendor Survey
- Street Vendor Plan Plan
- Vendor Market Development
- After completion of each phase the completion details are entered.
Financial Component captures all expenditure with respect to each of the components..
Reports for all components can be generated which is being utilized for monitoring and evaluation of the implementation
The official MIS website of Pradhan Manthri Awas Yojana(U) at pmaymis.gov.in. This MIS is fully computerized Management Information System on PMAY Scheme of the Ministry. The e-unit in PMAY is up-linked to state Governments Departments, Central Governments Departments etc. PMAY MIS has been developed to monitor all components of PMAY. All the stakeholders (central/state/city level users) have to play different roles in the PMAY MIS. This MIS captures online data from all the stakeholders. This MIS is available 24 X 7 to all the stakeholders. To obtain the status on online this PMAY MIS is developed. This is the important tool for the senior officials to monitor the scheme effectively from their place. Standardized Reports can be generated from this MIS.
Product Feature The present system has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) and is a menu driven user friendly. “PMAY MIS’ is developed using the GUI, SMS and web server technology. The present system has been developed using ASP .NET Version 4.0 as a front end and MSSQL Server-2008 as back end with Windows environment. Some of the features of the present computerization exercise are as under;
- This is system is developed and got the cyber security clearance from the NIC cyber security division for the safe hosting.
- This application is hosted at the NIC-IDC data center at New Delhi.
- NIC Data center backup, restore facilities and the disaster recovery features with the NIC Data center is applicable to this application.
- This application supports two application level functionalities (i) PMAY MIS
- This System has many types of user Groups like NMMU, CSMC, PMU, Appraisal Agency, SMMU, City
- Using this web-based application, authorized user can add / modify / delete data corresponding to various modules.
- All the registered can view/print/download various analytical reports generated by this application.
- While entering data in each module, computer generates unique record number for each module/beneficiary.
- This system is available for 24 x 7 x 365.
- The entire user activities in this system are monitored.
- It is possible to retrieve a deleted data at some future point of time also from archive.
- This software is menu driven. A lot of information is stored in combo boxes from where it can be clicked & printed. The PMAY MIS as such is user friendly and less cumbersome.
- A large number of reports & information are self-generated in the pre designed tabulated formats. 14. Provision for the State, ULB to export their data in the XL format as well as in the PDF format.
- User Manual has been prepared as per the QMS standard for the use of users and more.