Destitute Free Kerala :Survey through Mobile App launched Updated On 2017-10-19
The Mobile Application specially designed for the Destitute Free Kerala Programme survey was launched by Dr K.T Jaleel, Minister for Local Self Government Department, Government of Kerala at Central Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram on 19 October 2017. " By this survey, all the destitute in Kerala will come under the protection of the Government". Minister said.
The programme aims to be the first state in the country to be destitute free. Government had adopted around one and a half lakh families through Asraya programme. And as 'Destitute Free Kerala' programme becomes a reality, the true beneficiaries will be protected. The beneficiaries of the Asraya programme and the newly identified destitute will be the beneficiaries of The 'Destitute Free Kerala Programme'. The 40 % of the total expenditure will be given to every panchayath as challenge fund. This amount will be used for meeting the basic needs such as food, health and education. The remaining 60 % will be met from the fund of three tier panchayaths. Through Mobile App, pictures of each and every family would be taken ad would geo tag the location they stay.
"The projects of the programme will be specially designed identifying the needs of each and every destitute family" said Shri. S. Harikishore IAS, Executive Director, Kudumbashree Mission. The handbook for the survey of 'Destitute Free Kerala' programme was also released at the function.