My Life Changed for the Better Updated On 2017-12-15
I am Revathy T.R., hailing from Edathala in Aluva. I am a Plus Two graduate and am 27 years old now. My family comprises of 5 members: my father-in-law, mother-in-law, husband, daughter and me. My father-in-law, who heads the family, is a manual labourer and my husband is a contract labourer. It was very difficult to make both ends meet with the irregular income of the family. I always wished to work to supplement the family income. As my child was too small I had to postpone my wish . Now that my child would soon be of school going age, I was on the look out for job opportunities. Fortunately, as I was a Kudumbashree member, I came to know about the DDU-GKY program and immediately joined the Housekeeping Course at Rajagiri College of social Sciences at Kalamassery. It was the turning point of my life and today I am happily and profitably employed at Genesis Facility Management Services. My family is also happy and proud about my achievement and there is better financial stability in the family today.
- Training Agency - Rajagiri College of Social Sciences
- Training Centre Location - Kalamassery, Ernakulam Dist.
- Course – Housekeeping Manual Attendant
- 3 Months duration and SSC certified(THSC)
- Date of Commencement – 29-08-2016 and date of conclusion: 06-12-2016
- Agency : Genesis Facility Management Services
- Company: Sunrise Hospital
- Location: Edapally, Ernakulam
- Designation: Housekeeping Supervisor
- Salary: 12,000/- per month
- Current employment Status: In service (placed for 12 months)
Ambition : To be financially self-reliant and be able to give good nutrition and education to my child.